Film Diary - June 2018

An early June afternoon. Bright sun and light Siberian breeze. An avenue emptied of crowds, but not quiet enough to be eerie.

My friend D and I ventured out into Maginhawa to find some some good food and take some (hopefully) good photos.

For some reason, most of the restaurants were closed. (But it was a Friday afternoon!!) Our options were limited, and we spent more time walking from one end of the long street to another than actually sitting down to eat.

Pictured above: pasta that looked much better than it tasted
Ever reliable bingsu (mango cheese for her, and matcha with red bean for me)

At least we knew how to pick our dessert and our photoshoot spots!
The pasta took forever to arrive, so I managed to get a few portrait/outfit shots of my friend. Somehow I didn't get a full body shot, but her skirt was adorable.
Bits and bobs hanging from the ceiling of the restaurant. We sat on the second floor, right by the large windows with all of the summer sunlight streaming in. A large family sat next to us, so we weren't the only noisy diners.

After lunch and dessert (at a nearby bingsu cafe), we left Maginhawa to hang out somewhere else.
A tiny peek from a stairwell overlooking the neighbors
Final shot, just snapped in a moment. Kind of tilted so I hope it doesn't give you any vertigo (LOL). I really love the visuals of apartment complexes, and I would shoot in more if it didn't result in me getting kicked out lol

I don't have the courage for street photography, but I love the city to bits. Apartment complexes are just the simpler, homier version of that I guess. There's a Singaporean photographer that I used to really love, and she had a lot of shots of herself and her neighbors and her view from her apartment's front door. It was just so simple but so intimate, and also so mysterious. I always wonder how other people live their lives. A woman hanging out laundry, a boy with his dog, a girl looking out of her balcony... Who are they? What are they feeling? What will they do next?

Maybe someday I could recreate photos that also give off similar vibes? I forgot the photographer's name, it's really a shame.
Labels: , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.